Fan Story: Fab-Nine Wildheart from Italy
What can you say about Ginger and his bastard son The Wildhearts that has not been said before?
I was first introduced to the beast when a local Italian band, during a gig, played ‘Loveshit’ in their set and I was so impressed with that tune that after the show I felt the urge to ask whether it was a song of theirs or not and they pronounced those two magical words that changed my life forever: THE WILDHEARTS.
‘Bang!’ – Love at first sound… isn’t it?
Being a songwriter myself, I love the fact that you can hear a vast array of influences and different styles and genres in Ginger’s songs, and when you hear his stuff, you kinda get to feel Ginger’s true passion and love for music.
Every time I can, I jump on a plane and travel to the UK for a Ginger or Wildhearts gig and so I started to meet fellow “wildheartsian”, great fans, music lovers and amazing people, and I can truly say it’s a wonderful community, that it seems like a big family. It’s been a couple of years now since I’ve added another holiday on my calendar and it’s December 17th, when the annual Ginger’s Birthday Bash takes place in London, when we all gather round to ‘raise our glass to the underworld’, ‘exorcise the ghosts, maybe even clear a dirty mind’ and acknowledge that you can never ‘get down when you got all your friends around’.
In conclusion, I think that Ginger’s songwriting skills are so impressive, his talent so unnatural, and his work so prolific (between The Wildhearts, his solo releases and his many side-projects and collaborations, he has written hundreds and hundreds of songs), that he’s capable, with his songs, to cover the whole spectrum of human emotions, creating majestic landscapes of sounds. So whether you’re having a shitty day, about to commit suicide, won the lottery, or fallen madly in love with someone, rest assured that you can put a Ginger-penned song on and it’ll be 29 times the pleasure all over again.
- December 2014 Challenge 5 In a video Ginger told us of the challenge to send in the shittest gift you could think …Read More »
- February 2015 Challenge 6 The eagle-eyed amongst you may have noticed I’ve skipped a challenge. The reason? I wanted to save the …Read More »
- October 2014 Challenge 4 For the next comp we had to send in a photo of ourselves in a Halloween costume, or …Read More »
- August 2014 Challenge 3 In a video Ginger explained you had to print out a stencil of the G.A.S.S. logo, then carefully …Read More »
- June 2014 Challenge 2 In a video Ginger explained that we had to download and print a PDF of his head. From …Read More »
- I’m not the most spontaneous person. I’m quite ordered in what I do and love making plans – and sticking to them. …Read More »
Scott Lee Andrews on: Mutation in a live setting, depression, misheard Wildhearts lyrics, Exit_International’s possible third album and new project Strange Unit.Part 2 of my conversation with Scott. I start by messaging Scott some photos. You see the first one? Scott: Beautiful. Ahhh, …Read More »
Scott Lee Andrews on everything from Mutation, love of The Wildhearts, Exit International, his new project Strange Unit and Oasis b-sidesI had an informative chat with the affable Scott Lee Andrews, on everything from: Mutation, Scott’s love of The Wildhearts and Endless …Read More »
- Jake Adams: we discuss Jake’s relatively new but productive career up to his latest project JAEKO, his wealth of side projects, how …Read More »