Gaz’s G.A.S.S. Adventures Part 4: Trick or Treat
For the next comp we had to send in a photo of ourselves in a Halloween costume, or Halloween make up. Ginger said we could make it ugly, beautiful, weird or traditional. The winner would receive a goody bag containing a drum skin used on some of the G.A.S.S. recordings, and some other goodies. I’m not that great at Halloween make up and was on a low budget. It didn’t take long though to think up the idea of carving a pumpkin into a traditional Smileybones and fitting it over my head. Smiley did suffer from floppy bone syndrome, but was pretty much top-notch, even if I do say so myself.
Instead of just wearing a pumpkin over my head, I thought why not try and become one. To pull off this audacious feat I purchased some girls stripy orange and black tights and orange scarf from Poundland and painted my arms, neck and legs orange while wearing orange painted washing-up gloves. For some reason, the film Attack of the Killer Tomatoes sprung to mind; I then had the idea of using a toy chainsaw (previously used with an Ash from Evil Dead costume) and modifying the Ginger-on-a-Stick to make it appear that Ginger’s head had been decapitated. It was only then that I realised I’d gone for a weird/traditional hybrid. I named my creation ‘The Cross-dressing Psychotic Pumpkin’.
Of course, after a week or so Smiley pumpkin become mouldy. He needed killing off, so as to let the new breed of Smileys reign supreme. Along with Ginger Bez, I went to work with an axe and some brute force. R.I.P. traditional Smileybones…
In the end, Ade Knight won the comp with a far more appropriate and superior effort than myself.
- December 2014 Challenge 5 In a video Ginger told us of the challenge to send in the shittest gift you could think …Read More »
- February 2015 Challenge 6 The eagle-eyed amongst you may have noticed I’ve skipped a challenge. The reason? I wanted to save the …Read More »
- August 2014 Challenge 3 In a video Ginger explained you had to print out a stencil of the G.A.S.S. logo, then carefully …Read More »
- June 2014 Challenge 2 In a video Ginger explained that we had to download and print a PDF of his head. From …Read More »
- I’m not the most spontaneous person. I’m quite ordered in what I do and love making plans – and sticking to them. …Read More »
Scott Lee Andrews on: Mutation in a live setting, depression, misheard Wildhearts lyrics, Exit_International’s possible third album and new project Strange Unit.Part 2 of my conversation with Scott. I start by messaging Scott some photos. You see the first one? Scott: Beautiful. Ahhh, …Read More »
Scott Lee Andrews on everything from Mutation, love of The Wildhearts, Exit International, his new project Strange Unit and Oasis b-sidesI had an informative chat with the affable Scott Lee Andrews, on everything from: Mutation, Scott’s love of The Wildhearts and Endless …Read More »
- Jake Adams: we discuss Jake’s relatively new but productive career up to his latest project JAEKO, his wealth of side projects, how …Read More »
- Released: 3rd May 2019 Graphite Records If riffs and choruses could kill, upon the release of ‘Renaissance Men’, The Wildhearts will be …Read More »